A detail of the various documents held by the Society.
To find whether any documents are held relating to any particular topic click the 'wrench/spanner' icon on the browser toolbar, select FIND, type in search term followed by ENTER.
Alternatively to open the find bar press Control +F (Windows, Linux and Chrome OS)
Anyone seeking further information on any of these documents or wishing to view them should get in touch with the Society Archivist, Ronald Morrison Morrisondunse@aol.com (tel. 01361 882166) with whom arrangements can be made.
D1 Historic Duns the archaeological implications of development - Scottish Burgh Survey
Department of Archaeology University of Glasgow 1981.
D2 The Advertiser Directory of Berwickshire 1938 - photocopy.
D3 Transcript of talk by Mark Douglas Conservation Officer Scottish Borders Council
to the Society dated 3 March 1997.
D4 The Zepps are Coming - an account of the German airship raids of World War 1
by David Fergus.
D5 Particulars Plans and Conditions of Sale of Langton Estate 1924, including photographs.
D6 Design Study - Draft Report on Proposed Museum of the Merse by Ross Associates, Design Consultants.
D7 Duns Official Guides - 2
Berwickshire County Guides - 3
D8 Duns Town Trail produced by Duns Community Council and Society 1999 (plus draft).
Duns - a guide published by Borders Regional Council.
D9 Duns Town Trail produced by Scottish Borders Council 1999.
D10 The Streets of Duns by William Renton 1978.
D11 Notes on the Rev. James Gray 1770/1830 from ‘The Minstrelsy of the Merse’
D12 Berwickshire High School Magazines 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1956, 1960 and 1962.
D13 Poachers and Preserves by Stanley Savill (undated).
D14 ‘The McCrie Documents’ copies of various documents dating from 1752 relating to the family of McCrie of Ninewar.
D15 Report of The Council for Museums and Galleries in Scotland on proposed Duns Museum May 1982.
D16 Chart showing owners of the Plough Inn since 1624.
D17 Report of the Proceedings of Berwickshire Naturalists 1892 - Notes on Duns and Duns Castle.
D18 Notes headed ‘Church of Duns’ - authorship unknown.
D19 Notes from “The Journal of John Ashton" 1639 being an account of negotiations with General Leslie’s Army at Duns.
D20 Article of Duns Coat of Arms and Town Coat of Arms.
D21 Article of Duns Fastern E’en Ball.
D22 Article on Witchcraft in Duns.
D23 Article on Martin Ravelaw.
D24 Extract from The Strand Magazine 1897 on ‘Lightning Print’.
D25 Extract from Chambers Gazetteer of Scotland 1832 on Duns Spa.
D26 Article on do.
D27 Notes on the Scottish Knights Templar.
D28 Blackadder: Castle and Mansion by Marie W Stuart.
D29 Extract on “Pearlin Jean” from Scottish Border Country by Andrew and John Lang 1913.
D30 "A mystery solved" Extract from ‘the Garden’ magazine volume 117 May 1992 on Robert Fortune horticulturist also various WEB articles.
D31 History of the China Clipper Blackadder (sister ship of the Cutty Sark) by Basil Lubbock, also various notes on John Whillis, owner.
D32 Notes on the Parish and Church of Cranshaws by Rev Crichton E Eddy.
D33 Booklet Robert Burns in the Borders by Archie McArthur 2001.
D34 ‘Scotsman’ article on Duns postmark of 1731.
D35 Abstract of Accounts of Berwick County Council for years 1933,1934,1935,1952,1954,1955,1967 and 1972.
D36 Estimates of Income and Expenditure for Berwick County Council for years 1966/67 and 1969/70.
D37 Documents and Papers relating to grants from the Road Fund received by Berwick County Council for the period approximately 1923 to 1929.
D38 Scrap and Newscutting Book kept by Berwickshire County Council re. Miscellaneous legal and financial powers and obligations.
D39 Rates statistics for the year 1968/69.
D40 Notices issued by Berwick County Council re. the classification of certain roads in Berwickshire 1949.
D41 The History of Lodge Dunse 23 by Bro. Rev Hugh MacKay of Talmine.
D42 Poem -" Duns Show" April 1878 by B. Balsillie.
D43 Ticket to Duns Castle and Grounds October 1934.
D44 Duns Golf Club Fixtures Card 1938.
D45 Letter from Town Clerk Duns re. air raid precautions 28th. August 1939.
D46 Receipt for milk separator dated March 1929 issued by W. C. Caverhill and Co. Ltd. Ironmongers Berwick.
D47 Article on derivation of Nursery Rhyme "There was a Crooked Man".
D48 Download from the Survey of Scottish Witchcraft Database on Witches from Duns Parish.
D49 Documents and Papers relating to Duns Scotus including letter from Museum Service Officer, Duns dated 31st. July 1990, extract from English Historical Review October 1932, pamphlet, "Duns Scotus a Man for all Time" by Eric Doyle, Newspaper Reports on events to mark the 700th. anniversary of his birth and centenary brochure and programme, leaflet "Where was Duns Scotus Born?" by Rev. Charles Baulk, "Blessed John Duns Scotus Thoughts and Prayer" Fr Roland Walls 1993, also various pamphlets.
Programme for International Scotus Congress 1966, invitation, medal a service for above, Photographs of memorial stone (3)
D50 Drawing of pre 1790 Church.
D51 Genealogy of the Hays of Errol and the Hays of Drummelzier (Duns Castle).
D52 Letter to Berwickshire News May 2003 re. Dunse Library Accounts 1768 to 1799 and records 1768 to 1850.
D53 ‘A Few Places’ Poem by Jock Hay 1940 re different farms around Duns.
D54 Thesis by John Duncan on’ Comparative Effects of the Railways on Peebles and Duns’.
D55 Newspaper article dated 13 June 2002 on unveiling of memorial to Admiral Sir Bertram Ramsay. Also article on Bughtrig House and the Ramsay family.
D56 Set of Accounts and Invoices relating to the firm of Wm. C McLaren Joiners Willis Wynd Duns covering the year 1911 and the period 1921 to 1937 relating to works carried out at numerous properties in Duns and surrounding area (6 volumes).
D56a Accounts of Andrew Wauchope Esq. of Niddrie and Sir John Halkett of Pitferrane covering the years 1843 to 1846 contained in vol 1 above
D57 Ledger containing Will and Codicils of Mrs. Jane Maitland of Manderston who died 7th. September 1854 with Minutes of Meetings of the Trustees and detailed accounts relative to the winding up of the estate.
D58 Notices re. 'Enemy Raids’ – Berwick
D59 Various Papers regarding the ‘False Alarm’ of 1804 including copy of Articles in Kelso Mail. Transcription of meetings of Hawick Archaeology Society February 1864 and 1904, article from the Scots Magazine 2003; article from the Southern Annual 1948 etc.,
D60 Programmes for Duns Summer Festival 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1960, 1965, 1968, 1976, 1977, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006. (duplicates 1983, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1998, 1999)
D61. Various papers donated by Dr. S Thomson, Mansfield including receipts from various local tradesmen including, Alex. Malcolm, R Cowe & Sons, Peter Jeffrie, W & J. Blackie, George Graham, H. G. McCreath & Sons, George R Farnington, Cossar & Frisken, R Simpson, James M Wilkie, Wm Alexander & Son, Alex. Wait & Sons, Christopher Hounam and A J. Campbell. Also ticket for ‘Indian Famine’; fete; old farming photograph and list of subscribers for ‘unknown’
D62 Local Plans 1) Berwickshire 1986 2) Hawick 1981 3) Galashiels 1981.4) Kelso 1982 5) Jedburgh 1984 6) Ettrick and Lauderdale 1985 7) Tweeddale (part) 1986.8) Ettrick Forrest 1987 9) Roxburgh (part) 1989 and 10) Lothian Region 1985.
D63 Records, Ledgers and Correspondence pertaining to Duns and District Cow Insurance Society covering the period 1901 to approx. 1979.
D64. Langton and Gavinton History - published by the Glasgow Herald 20th. October 1946.
D65 Railway Time Table Dunse/Edinburgh/Berwick.
D66 Memorial Inscriptions Gavinton Parish Church.
D67 Newspaper advertisements March and May 1883.
D68 Two promotion Cards from D Porter Jeweller Duns.
D69 Programme County Show Duns 2004.
D70 Uncut copy Berwickshire News 25th. October 1881 (contains account of the Eyemouth disaster) and 2nd May 1905.
D71 Funeral intimation card 25th. December 1933 - also acknowledgement dated April 1932.
D72 Copy of various articles and website downloads on the Rev. Thomas Boston 1676-1732.
D73 Card showing illustration of Vickers Supermarine Spitfire with notes on City of Edinburgh 603 Squadron and Flight Lieut. Richard Hope Hillary.
D74 The Inscription in French on the Powder Room Window Paxton House by J. L. H Thomas 14.9.2005.
D75 Various Border Verses including “Tam the Herd” anon “The Border Burn” by J. B Selkirk, “To Alex Wilson -Xmas 1927” anon “Reply to the Turnip Tipper - Uncle Alack” anon "A Schoolgirl’s Lesson - a county Walk" Anon “A sang tae oor Doug Wattie” and others - anon “Autumn at Cockburn" by Daniel Henderson “A Few Places” and "Cumledge Mill Brass Band" by Jock Hay;" Mrs. Paxton’s Shop".
D76 Programme Kelso Show 1952 including Entry Schedule and catalogue for Handcrafts’ Section.
D77 Locality of Stipend Duns Parish 1934.
D78 Catalogue Wightmans of Duns 1962.
D79 Telephone Directory Folders (2) one issued by National Farmers’ Union of Mid and East Berwick.
D80 Passenger list of the Emigrant Ship ‘Lord Deleval’ sailing from Berwick 13th. September 1852 (50 of the passengers from Berwick).
D81 Copy of letter (mounted on Board) signed by Queen Victoria sent to Miss Mary Augusta Gordon, thanking her for the gift of a Bible which had belonged to her brother General C. G. Gordon (of Khartoum).
D82 History of the Marchmont Humes.
D83 Story of the Hilsdon Organ.
D84 Notice of Exhibition by original Duns History Society in South Church Duns.
D85 Notes on Julian Tank No 113 also photograph of fundraising visit to Duns and newspaper article on visit of same tank to Galashiels 1918.
D86 Copy of the Boys’ Friend dated 8th. September 1906.
D87 Burns’ Calendar 1929.
D88 Web article on The Lillies of Langton.
D 89 Folder of papers donated by Mona Edgar containing inter alia photographs taken at Duns Show showing presentation of medals, newspaper photograph of Ninewell House (now demolished); article from the Proceedings of the Antiquaries of Scotland on the Great Post Road; various cuttings and articles on the family of Home; Auldcambus Church; history of Coldingham and Coldstream; extracts from Tacks; and general historical notes; notes on tradesmen in Duns; teind roll Coldingham; transcribed copy Rutherford’s 1866 Directory; extracts from Kirk Session Records; copy of 1937 Berwickshire Directory
D90 Article on Mrs. Sarah Cockburn or Denholm who died at Duns 20. February 1923 aged 102 years.
D91 Extracts from British Library Newspapers pertaining to Berwickshire for the period 1707 to 1799.
D92 Pages from the Proceedings of the Society of Antiquarians of Scotland 111 1981 relating to excavations at Borthwick Castle by Alastair M. T. Maxwell-Irving.
D93 Programme for “Songs of Praise” from Duns Old and Boston Parish Church televised 27 September 1970.
D94 3 Invoices from George Graham, Furnisher Duns and The Black Bull Hotel.
D95 John Bull magazine Christmas 1915.
D96 Nelson’s Portfolio of War Pictures 1914.
D97 Copy of Berwickshire News 18 October 1881 (contains report of Eyemouth Fishing Disaster)
D98 Duns 500 Official Programme.
D99 Song Duns Dings A’ by W. L. Ferguson.
D100 Hymn Sheet for Service 25.2.1990 to mark Quincentenary of granting of Duns Burgh Charter.
D101 The Christ Church Envoy September 1936.
D102 Scrapbooks of Reivers’ Weeks 1949 to 1959 and 1960 to 1969.
D103 F and D Smith’s Medal Album - owned by J. McAlpine, Swan Hotel Duns.
D104 Guest Book 1898 – Elizabeth Simson,
D105 Berwickshire News Supplement dated 3. August 1965 to mark Jim Clark’s victory in the Indianapolis 500 motor race.
D106 Receipt from Croall Bryson & Co. for Morris Oxford Saloon 1964.
D107 Magazine Article on the Hays of Duns Castle by Sarah Cartledge 1995(coloured photographs)
D108 Victory Message to School children from King George V1 8.6.1946
D109 Jim Clark Remembered – Tweeddale Press Commemorative Supplement 1993.
D110 Two National Identity Cards, Driver’s Licence 1931, Schedule A assessment 1938 and fire insurance policy 1925.
D111 Coronation Prayer to George V1 9. May 1937 – Christ Church Duns.
D112 Draft of letter found in a tea chute at Gunsgreen House Eyemouth relative to the opening of the Berwickshire Railway.
D113 Various papers and articles relating to Robert Burns’ Tour of the Borders and the Ainslie family including image of Robert Ainslie.
D114 Lines in remembrance of Andrew Gibb pauper (fatuous) a well known Duns Character died Dec 1878 (plus death certificate)
D115 Kirkin’ o’ Reiver Service 2009 plus ticket to Official Reception 2009.
D116 Review Berwickshire News 5 November 2009 of book Duns Football Club by Colin Pike.
D117 Chirnside, a Borders Village published by Chirnside Community Council.
D118 First Report of Duns Young Women’s Club 31. October 1909.
D119 A History of Southfield.
D120 Notes on Marchmont House and the Hume Family.
D121 Certificate of baptism Duns Parish Church February 1905.
D122 Various papers on Duns Clockmakers and clocks.
D123 Notices and letter from the
County Clerk dated 19.3.1952 regarding the adoption of
various roads in Eccles, Bunkle, Edrom, Coldstream,
Coldingham, Gordon, Channelkirk, Ayton, Chirnside, Foulden
D124 Guide Book and detailed notes compiled by the Earl of Wemyss and March Discretionary
Trustees dated 1973 re. Neidpath Castle, Peebles.
D125 Notes on Jacob Pearson Newton born Duns 1801 pioneer of the Williams River
D126 Miscelleny of Newspaper cuttings etc. donated by Mrs. Mona Edgar.
D127 Catalogue of Books in Houndwood Church Library 1852.
D128 Supper Ticket and Menu Duns Post Office Staff Liddell’s Hotel 1903.
D129 Rotary Club Diary of Duns for the year 2005 with corresponding images for 1905 and 2005.
D130 On working at Cumledge Mill in the 1920s by Mrs. Jones.
D131 Various papers, mostly webpages, pertaining to Manderston.
D132 The Berwick Advertiser 25 September 1896 containing extensive article on the opening of Berwickshire High School.
D133 Newspaper report on the funeral of the Rev W. D. Herald 24.9 1906 with a full list of mourners.
D134 Notes on the history of Duns Volunteer Hall by Isobel Candlish.
D135 Copy of Notice re. burials in Duns Parish Churchyard dated 1858.
D136 Sales Particulars for Abbey St. Bathans House, Blanerne House, Mill Lade House Reston, Peelwells House Reston, Sisterpath and Ruthven House Coldstream.
D137 East Lothian and the Borders - a Landscape fashioned by Geology - Scottish Natural Heritage 1997.
D138 Duns R.F.C. match programme 1990-91 and 1993-1994.
D139 Gavinton Common Good Fund 10th. Anniversary - Ali the Barber.
D140 Duns and District Operatic Society programmes; The Quaker Girl 1965, Chu Chin Chou 1966, Wedding in Paris 1967, Brigadoon 1969, Maid of the Mountains 1971, Calamity Jane 2005, Oliver 2006 and Aladdin.
D141 Dunse Lodge 23 Re-dedication service 200th. Anniversary dinner 1961.
D142 Article from the Paper Trade Review 13.12.1912 on the Paper Trade in Berwickshire.
D143 Booklet on the life of Lady Grisell Baillie, first Deaconess of the Church of Scotland.
D144 Programmes (11) for the Regal Cinema Easter Street Duns, September 1959 to August 1960.
D145 Programme for visit by H. M. Her Majesty the Queen 7.7.1956.
D146 Booklets on the Opening of West Water and Fruid Reservoir 20.6.1969 and Whiteadder Reservoir 26.9.1969.
D147 Article on Dunse from the Gazetteer of Scotland 1834.
D148 The Historical Diary of James Watson of Duns by Grace A Elliot (from the Transactions of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club) plus a detail of 'Folio 8' being items in the Watson Collection.
D149 Soldiers of the Borders in the 17th. and 18th. Century.
D150 Three copies of the Berwickshire News dated 5th. January 1965, 7th. December 1965 and 29th. June 1982 containing articles on Duns Operatic Society.
D151 Concert Programme, Volunteer Hall Duns 11th. February 2010.
D152 The Wynsome Maid and her Court 1947.
D153 Article on letter by Captain Robert Falcon Scott to Duns High School.
D154 Poem V.E. Celebration 1995 by Pamela Estelle Gibson, Todlaw Road, Duns.
D155 Article on Dr. George Henderson in Chirnside (1800 to 1864) by W. G. Henderson 2006.
D156 Valuation Roll for the County of Berwick Whitsunday 1903 to Whitsunday 1904.
D157 Newspaper Supplement "The Borders Back in the Day". December 2009.
D158 The Rise and Fall of the Scottish Textile Industry - transcript of talk by Mr. Peter Johnson to the Society.
D159 Programme Duns Burns Club 21.1.2011.
D160 Public Park bye-laws 1902.
D161 Hymn Sheet for "Blessing of the Plough" service at Fogo Kirk 20.10.1994.
D162 Obituary 1896 for Mr. David Lamb, psalmodist and precentor West Church Duns (also conductor and musician) - also of his son James Lamb.
D163 Certificate of membership of Order of Forresters Friendly Society 1897 and the Order of the Eastern Star 1920
D164 Article by Norrie McLeish on the Lost Village of Polwarth
D165 Article on Duns (from a 19th. century encyclopaedia?).
D166 Article from Back Track Magazine August 2011 on the Reston to Duns Railway.
D167 Various press cuttings and other documents donated by Mrs. Doreen Thomson relating principally to Duns Scotus, Mrs. Loda Hryneczho, opening of tennis courts and reports on the formation and early meetings of the History Society.
D168 Detail of place names on the Marchmont Estate covering the period 1095 to c. 1900.
D169 Detail of shop owners in Duns as extracted from various business directories1837 to 1942.
D170 Masonic Lodge Certificates of admission 1906 etc. D171 Place mat commemorating the 300th. anniversary of the birth of David Hume.
D172 Index of documents held by Dunse Masonic Lodge.
D173 Election address to the new electors of Berwickshire at a public meeting 14th. December 1832 by Mr. Marjorybanks (subsequently elected M.P).
D174 Notice to the inhabitants of Dunse re. burials in Dunse Parish Churchyard 4th. October 1858.
D175 Programme of admission to
Complimentary Supper by The Burgh of Duns for H.M. armed forces 23rd. January 1920.
D176 Programme for Concert of Instrumental and Vocal Music promoted by Duns Town Council 20th. October 1916.
D177 Appeal by Duns Town Council to raise funds for Jim Clark memorial.
D178 Various web downloads on Cadwallader Colden.
D179 One hundred years of all-electric television by Paul Marshall - the role in the discovery of television by Alan Archibald Campbell Swinton. D190 Lease between Mrs. I.M. Thomson and others and H.H. Po
D180 Programme to "Unanswered Questions" by pupils of Chirnside School to mark the 300th. Anniversary of the birth of David Hume.
D181 Programme for the Philosophy Festival in Chirnside to mark the 300th.anniversary of the birth of David Hume
D182 My memories of Longformacus and Stobswood Farm by Archie McArthur.
D183 Photograph of Duns Charter with text translation.
D184 Extract from the History of the Congregations of the United Presbyterian Church 1773 to 1900 published by David M Small, Edinburgh re. Daniel Kerr M.A. Minister South Church 1840 - 1880.
D185 Notes on Fogo Priory.
D186 Programme 58th. Annual Supper - Duns Burns Club.
D187 Hearth Tax 1694 - photocopy and transcription.
D188 Article by Dr. David Round on Sir John Pirie and various web downloads
D189 Notes on the revision of the song" Neil Laurie" by Robert F McEwen of Marchmont
D190 Lease between Mrs. I.M. Thomson and others and H.M. Postmaster General of 1932 relative to property at 59 Easter Street for the use of a telephone exchange
D191 Receipt from Alexander Luke & Son, motor and cycle engineers 1918
D192 Invitation to 'Rock Sand' Derby Stakes luncheon at Manderston 1903
D193 Order of Service, Duns Parish Church 1911 for the coronation of George V and Queen Mary (two copies
D194 Receipt from North British railway Company 1915
Programme and script for Summer Festival Pageants 1950 to 1953
D196 National Small Bore Rifle Competition Certificates David Walker 1941.
D197 Rules and Regulations for the new Duns Burial Ground
D198 Funeral Receipt Wm C McLaren, Undertaker, Castle Street Duns 1928
D199 Programme (2 copies) to mark the Silver Jubilee of King George V 1935 plus Jubilee bag
D200 Order of Service for Remembrance Day Sundays 1978, 1979,1980, 1981, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, and 1988
D201 Order of Service, Founders' Day Service, British Legion
1979,1980,1981,1982,1983,1985,1987,1988,1993,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000 and 2003
D202 Copy of Bill constituting Duns as County Town of Berwickshire 1903.
D203 Duns Park Bowling Club 1896 - 1996; The First Hundred Years
D204 Cuttings from the People's Journal, June 1957 re. Dance in Drill hall Duns.
D205 Records (23 books) of the firm, David Spouse, Haulage Contractors from 1944.
D206 Notes on the Shoemakers' Banner and David Paterson, shoemaker Castle Street.
D207 Notes on the Battle of Nesbit Moor.
D208 2005 Calendar produced by the Rotary Club comparing images with 1905.
D209 Various records donated by Royal British Legion Duns including, Comrades of the Great War 1918-1928, Minutes 1924-37, 1938-1957, 1959-1977, 1996-1997 1969-1983,1980-1984,1983-1994, 1994-2001. Ladies' Section 191-1997, Cash Books 1927-1930.1931-1934,1935-1942, Account Book 1987-1994. Lottery 2010-2012. Visitors, Book 2011. D210 Royal British Legion - 90th. Anniversary dinner menu.
D211 Extract from Wilson's 'Tales of the Borders'- The Death of the Chevalier de la Beaute
D212 Order of Service for Duns Parish Church, the Kirking of the Reiver ceremonies 2010, 2011 and 2013?
D212 Copy of Poster advertising Eyemouth Choral and Glee Club Concert 8th. March 1867
D213 Citation to serve as a juror at Duns Sheriff Court, March 1970
D214 Duns Coat of Arms - Ja Ja Heraldic Series
D215 Border Life issues containing articles 'Duns Fashion Show (Dec. 1966) 'Jean M Speedy Looks at Duns (May 1967), 'Berwickshire High School' by Jennifer Brown (August 1967 and 'People and Places at Duns by Ian B Smith (August 1968.
D216 Account by Scott Angus of life at John Watson's School (Marchmont House) during World War 2.
D217 Duns Old and Boston (later Duns Parish Church) magazines December 1975 to June 2006 (with gaps) (68 editions)
D218 Poster for Municipal Election Duns 1965 with details of candidates, proposers and assentors.
D219 Magazine Bonkyl and Preston, Chirnside and Edrom Allanton Church 2001
D220 Programme for Duns Golf Club Centenary Ball 1994
D221 Border Musical Competition) Festival certificates (3) awarded to Mary Millar 1927/28/29
D222 Vocal Solos awards do.
D223 Booklet issued by Duns Town Council on the opening of the Cairnbank Sewage Works in 1970 detailing the history of sewage and sewage treatment works in the Town.
D224 Paper bag of A Walkinshaw, baker and grocer Duns found under the floorboards at 40 Newtown Street.
D225 Order of Service for the laying up of colours for the K.O.S.B. 20/101996. D226 Order of Service for Memorial Service to Lt. Col Sir William B Swan 20.12.1990
D227 Fishwick - from the 'History of Berwickshire Towns and Villages' by Robert J Glover 2002 - published by Glover Press, Duns.
D228 Duns Workingmen's Institute - rules for the hire of the Reading Room and agenda and minutes for AGM 2009
D229 Berwickshire News Supplement to mark 'Duns 500' 1989
D230 Third Statutory Review of Electoral arrangement SBC area July 1998
D231 Photographic album of Marjery A.S. Borthwick 1923 to 1928
D232 Tweeddale Press Supplement to mark the opening of Borders General Hospital 1.7.1988
D233 Copy of account of expenses in connection with the funeral of Mary Hood, widow of Robert Melville, merchant Duns 1764
D234 Two Magazines (in German) on A.A. Campbell-Swinton
D235 The People's Friend No 7081 October 2005 with article on Duns.
D237 Lair plan of Duns Cemetery
D238 Programme for the Kirking of the Reiver July 2014
D239 Programme for Summer Festival Dinner 1966.
D240 Journal compiled by Mary H.C. Johnston, Duns of her visit to South Africa, Australia and Tasmania 1983.
D241 Receipt by Adam Paterson and Son, Galashiels to Mrs. Haggarty, china merchant, Duns for the supply of 35 bags of bones. April 1880,
D242 Articles of Roup dated 1812 relating to inter alia subjects "on the south side of Horse Market" and others sometime belonging to George Darling, weaver in Duns and disponed to John Gray, tobacconist and Thomas Holywell, feuar.
D243 The Game of Ball as played in Dunse by Thomas Brown, from the History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club 1843
D244 Papers relating to the Incorporation of Hammermen 1782.
D245 Web download from Wikepedia on the Battle of Duns 1372
D246 Depiction of Wedderburn Aisle in Duns Churchyard 1874 _ Berwickshire Naturalists' Club
D247 Five letters dated 1862 to 1865 from William Graham, ironmonger and general merchant, Market Square to his son George largely reporting on business.
D248 Brief history of the family of Houston-Boswell of Blackadder House and notes on Blackadder House
D249 British Railways Illustrated Magazine October 2015 with article on derailment at Duns, August 1965
D250 Leaflet on the history of Duns Parish Church by Kenneth McLean - also Berwickshire News article 28.1.2016
D251 Report on Cumlege Mill from the Edinburgh Eveneing News 28.2.1952
D252 Minutes of Meeting and other papers relating to the proposed setting up of a Museum in Duns
D253 The Jim Clark Trophy Collection - from the opening of the Trophy Room April 1969
D254 Order of Service for Jim Clark, Chirnside 1968
D255 Annual Report of theBurgh Surveyor of Duns 1974 (final report)
D256 Programme of Celebrations to mark the Silver Jubilee of King George V 1935
D257 'the Advertiser' Directory of Berwickshire 1938 (photocopy)